Dance Recitals and Stage Performances
While stage performances are, to be certain, live events; they are productions that occur within the confines of a stage in a performance facility. I have worked with a number of dance schools and studios, performing arts programs, and other organizations over the past 10+ years. Because of the nature of these performances, the organizations I work with are not capturing the performance for their individual use, rather; the Blu-ray and DVD productions are offered to the performers and their families / friends. This unique relationship allows me to provide the videography and post production at little or no cost to these studios, schools, and organizations. The groups I work with are local in Michigan and other states such as in upstate South Carolina and Georgia. I can work with organizations anywhere in the continental United States providing virtually free videography and video production for their stage performances and recitals..
- We coordinate with the crew at your performance location.
- We determine best camera locations for alternate shot angles.
- We always use the house sound feed to record main audio and microphones for audience ambiance.
- We utilize 2- 4 cameras recording isolated for editing in post production.
- Coordinate time to test and balance cameras to house lighting.
- All equipment setup and test completed before doors open (provided facility access).
How this works
The way this works is mathematically simple. As an example (actual): a Georgia Dance Studio contracts me to record the spring recital. I provide:
- 2 unmanned cameras to capture specific sections of the stage for cutaways - usually in the larger group numbers.
- 1 unmanned camera center house taking a stage wide shot as a cutaway AND full choreography view.
- 1 manned camera in house center which allows me to zoom and pan as required throughout the performance.
Thus I have the potential of 1 to 4 camera angles to use throughout the production.
- I arrive from Michigan the day before the event.
- I have already worked out the audio, lighting, and camera locations with the facility.
- After the performance ( 2 shows 4.5 hours live ); I break down, pack up, and head home.
- The post production takes about 6 days.
- Duplicating, printing,, and packaging 50 Blu-ray and DVD plus shipping takes another day
- I have +/- 10 days of work and travel.
The Dance Studio was given an order form for parents to send in and the Blu-ray / DVD can be ordered from my website. Each show is $ 28.50 for the DVD and $ 33.50 for the Blu-ray. Additionally, both shows can be ordered: $ 49.50 for DVD and $ 59.50 for the Blu-ray. There is a $ 5 discount for any order received prior to the performance and first class shipping is included.
Cost to the Dance Studio is nothing.
Length of performances determine the price per Blu-ray / DVD, however; still much less than other LOCAL companies charge for 1 camera, audio from a microphone, and no menus to find each dance. Come on, it's a kids dance not a feature movie!